Wind ‘n Willow has installed a complete Air Scrubber Plus with ActivePure Technology/ Air Purification System. This system removes
up to 99.9% of harmful contaminants and pathogens in the air as well as on surfaces.The Air scrubber utilizes technology developed by NASA to create a safe environment for astronauts in the international space station. This system is the only air cleaning system technology awarded the prestigious Certified Space Technology seal of approval by the Space Foundation which was created in cooperation with NASA.
How it works: the airborne contaminants pass through a strong UV Germicidal light in the duct system which works to disrupt the DNA of
any airborne contaminants. Once the DNA is scrambled, the active pollutants effectively die. The air scrubber traps and kills the contaminates and pathogens. The Active Pure technology actively send air scrubbers into the indoor environment. As the airborne contaminates pass through the air scrubber they are transformed into oxidizing molecules, which get disseminated into the environment and eliminates the pathogens in the air and on surfaces. such as countertops, light switches, cell phones, toys and doorknobs preventing cross contamination. The proprietary photocatalytic process transforms the particulates into a hydrogen peroxide (H202) vapor which permeates all exposed and unexposed areas in the building. These molecules are antimicrobial agents found in nature. The “friendly cleaners” then get released back into the air and become supercharged to attack and destroy contaminates, even ones that hide underneath cushions, tables, carpets etc. The charged air scrubbers get rid of microscopic impurities that are invisible to the human eye.
This system is proven to kill over 90% of RNA viruses on contact including Bird Flu, Swine Flu, SARS, Ebola, MRSA and the Common Cold. There has not been a system yet tested on Coronavirus (COVID-19) but researcher believe it will be effective as the Coronavirus is also an RNA Virus. The Air Scrubber will reduce up to 99% of viruses and contaminates such as, Strep, E Coli, C. Diff, dust, dust mites and mold protecting against allergy and asthma and respiratory issues.
This system is safe for humans and pets and works very quickly. After running for just 30 minutes, it will reduce over 90% of harmful
contaminants in the building. The Air Scrubber Plus with Active Pure
Technology is an Ozone free system and is 50 times more powerful than a normal HVAC filtration system.
COVID-19 Operational Safety Plan
The health and safety of your children has always been our top priority. We have implemented the following additional guidelines as an addendum to our Parent Handbook during this COVID-19 Pandemic. These guidelines may change as additional information becomes available. These additions represent best practices as recommended by the CDC and OCFS, as well as our desire to operate a center that meets the educational and developmental needs of children.
Daily Health Screening
All students and staff will have their temperature checked upon arrival and before entry into the building. Their temperature will be checked twice more throughout the day. Any student or staff registering a temperature of 100.0 F or higher will be sent home. Your child may return after they are 72 hours fever free without the use of fever reducing medication. If your child becomes ill during the day, we ask that you have a designated person who can pick-up within 30 minutes. While waiting for pick-up, your child will stay in office and we will supply them with a child mask.
As part of our daily COVID-19 screening, all students and staff will be asked if they have completed their remote screening before entering the building. This complies with the Health Screening One-Time Attestation (OCFS form 6040) that was signed off on before the start of school.
Once in their classroom all students will be screened as part of our Daily Health Check and health monitored throughout the day.
The screening questions per NYS regulation are:
In the past 14 days have you:
- Had any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you had close or proximate contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Have you travelled anywhere in the last 14 days requiring quarantine by New York State?
All staff are required to wear a face covering and have been instructed on the proper use and handling of a face covering.
We recommend your child (3+) to wear a mask or face shield and we will do our best to encourage them to do so. Children are not required to wear face coverings in a pre- school/day care environment. If your child becomes ill during the school day (runny nose, cough), we will provide your child with a face mask and call to pick up your child. Parents and elementary school aged siblings must wear face coverings, while on school premises, when dropping and picking up your child.
Children and staff may not attend school if they are exhibiting any signs of illness. Many of the symptoms of COVID-19 are also common in other childhood illnesses like the common cold, the flu, or seasonal allergies. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to differentiate. Through this pandemic, we feel it is best to air on the side of caution and not allow children or staff in school if they are symptomatic. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience this may cause, but we feel it is in best interest for the safety of our students and staff members.
Notify the school immediately whenever your child becomes ill with a communicable illness. If your child has had a communicable illness a doctor’s note is required to return to school.
COVID-19 Symptoms in Children
- Fever or chills *
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing*
- Muscle or body aches*
- New loss of taste or smell*
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rash *
Children are not to return to school until they symptom free for :
Common Cold Symptoms: 24-hours (runny nose, congestion, cough, sore throat)
Fever Free: 72 hours. (without the use of fever reducing medication)
Diarrhea or Vomiting: 48-hours
If your child is exhibiting 2 or more of the above stared * symptoms, a negative COVID test must be presented to the school for re- entry.
If your child becomes ill while at school, you will be promptly notified and asked to take your child home. The child will be cared for in a separate area and a children’s mask will be provided until you arrive. If you cannot be reached, the person(s) listed on your Emergency Contact Form will be notified. Please keep emergency contact phone numbers up to date when changes occur. We ask that you are prepared to pick up your child within 30 minutes if your child gets sick at school.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
All surfaces in our classrooms, bathrooms, playground equipment and high touch areas will be disinfected often throughout the day. Tables, chairs, cots, and shared equipment will be cleaned after each use. We use only EPA and DEC registered cleaners. Our evening cleaning service will deep clean and disinfect.
We have implemented additional hand washing and hand sanitizing throughout the day. All staff and students are required to wash their hands immediately upon entering building. The staff and children will wash hands with soap and water often throughout the day. Hand sanitizers will be made available in the entry of building and in each classroom. Hand sanitizers are to be used when soap and water are not available. All staff have been instructed on proper hand washing procedures.
Communicable Disease and COVID Response Plan
- All staff have been trained to operate under the new guidelines and are prepared to care for our students.
- Parents, students and staff are REQUIRED to notify Wind ‘n Willow if they test positive for COVID-19 or any other contagious disease specified on the NYSDOH’s list of Reportable Communicable Diseases. Once the school has been notified, the Director will report this to the Nassau County Department of Health and follow all protocols and direction from DOH.
- In the case of an employee, parent, or child testing positive for COVID-19, the school will cooperate with the state and local health department as required to trace all contacts at school. Confidentiality will be maintained. Wind ‘n Willow will notify ALL families and staff that came into contact. Based on the most current guidelines, at that time, a decision will be made if those individuals need to self-quarantine. We will strictly follow CDC/DOH most current guidelines.
- All areas that the individual was in contact with will be deep cleaned and disinfected. Some areas may need to be closed for 24 hours. State and local health departments may, under their legal authority, implement monitoring and movement restrictions of infected or exposed persons including home isolation or quarantine. Local contact tracing regulations will likely require all students and staff who came in “close contact” (less than 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) with the individual to be required to quarantine for 14 days. Other students or staff that may have had “proximate contacts” (interactions at greater than 6 feet within a shared space) will likely be asked to self-monitor for symptoms if local health guidelines require.
- Individuals who are notified that they have come into close or proximate contact with a person with COVID-19, and have been alerted via tracing, tracking or other mechanism, are required to self-report to the school at the time of alert and shall follow the protocol referenced above.
Arrival Policy & Dismissal Policy
To minimize crowding, several entrances will be used in the building to maintain social distancing. Parents will not be entering to classrooms. Please drop off and pick up in a way to keep traffic moving. If you need to speak with the teacher, please let office personnel know and they will arrange a meeting.
There is a Sandbox QR code that will be displayed in the window of each classroom entrance. Please scan with your mobile phone camera. Your PIN # will be required to sign your child in and out for the day.Children will not be released to any unauthorized person. If someone other than those listed on the authorization form is picking your child up, a phone call AND email with the name of the person you are authorizing to pick up & relationship to your child is required. They must have picture identification with them when they
pick up your child. There will be no exception to this rule. This is for your child’s protection.
Wind ‘n Willow makes every effort to keep our school clean and germ free. While we would like to be able to control every possible risk, we cannot guarantee your child will be free of contacting any illness associated with being in a community environment. Wind ‘n Willow is not liable if a student or staff member comes down with COVID-19, related illness or any other communicable disease or virus. We will do everything to ensure the health and safety of all our students and staff members.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of our students and staff. We will be following a strict germ/virus-preventative protocol for the safety of our entire Wind ‘n Willow Family. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Listed Below Are the Ways We Need Every Family to Help
Keep Your Child Home If He or She is Sick – Call your Doctor if you or your child have symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, fever, runny nose, sore throat, rash, Diarrhea, loss of taste/smell or aches and pains. If you or your family member is not better in 24 – 48 hours, seek the care of a doctor.
Protect Your Family
- Wash hands with soap and water often.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Please talk to your children each day before school to reinforce hand washing and respiratory hygiene.